Installing Elasticsearch as a service is an easy task:
cd elasticsearch_dir/bin elasticsearch-service.bat install
This creates a new service, which should be started manually.
However, I faced a problem installing Kibana 5.5.0 as a Windows service. The first solution I found didn’t work.
sc create "Kibana 5.5.0" binPath= "path_to_kibana/bin/kibana.bat" depend= "elasticsearch-service-x64"
If you got “Access denied” running this command, try running cmd.exe as Administrator.
This command creates a service, but it doesn’t start because of some errors. I’ve found a solution that helped me:
- Download the Non-Sucking Service Manager here https://nssm.cc
- Change directory to nssm_dir/your_os and open a command line there
nssm install Kibana550
- Choose kibana.bat as application path
- Select log files location on “I/O” tab (at least stdout and stderr)
- Enter your Elasticsearch service name on “Dependencies” tab
- Click “Install service”
- Open Windows Services and start your Kibana550 service
That worked for me, I hope it may help someone else. 😊✌️